The Edmonton Bicycle and Touring Club (EBTC) is a recreational not-for-profit volunteer-run group dedicated to facilitate its members to cooperatively run bicycling trips during the spring, summer and fall, cross-country skiing trips in the winter, and social events all year round. We welcome both road bike and mountain bike riders!
Benefits of Joining EBTC
- Opportunity to create the kinds of events you like: enjoy dozens of events all year round, organized by members like you!
- "Spokes" newsletter published 9-10 issues per year
- Participation in the local cycling community
- use of club bicycle tools on tour and library materials
- affiliation with the Recreational Cycling Association of Alberta
- discounts at various bicycle shops. See Bike Shop Discounts
Why Cycle or Ski with a Group?
- It's more FUN! is a good start, but there is much more:
- develop skills and gain through the experience of others
- meet new and interesting people with a common interest in cycling
- meet a fun-loving, energetic and diverse group of individuals who enjoy a healthy lifestyle
- enjoy the outdoors experience with the companionship and security of a group
- sweep or sag-wagon support at a lower costs than commercial tours
- group atmosphere provides challenge to strong cyclists and support and confidence to the novice
- it encourages you to come out often and get healthy exercise without going to a gym