Organizing a Ride
Organizing a Ride for the EBTC may appear to be a difficult task for the beginner, but with guidance is something that can be done. Here are some tips to get started:
- Go on some ride and become familiar with what is done on a ride.
- Start small. Start by organizing a day ride, possibly with someone else who has lead a ride before.
- Read through the Section on the website on Organizing a Day Ride
- Branch off and organize your own Day Ride.
- For an overnight trip, start by pairing up with an experienced leader.
- Use the articles on the website for Organizing a Multiday Tour for guidance. The Multiday Tour Guidelines are exhaustive and detail just about everything. Don’t worry. It is only a reference and not everything applies. The experienced leader you are partnered with will know what applies and what does not.